List Your Business

Monday, March 22, 2010

'It was a great game of cricket'

Chennai: Chennai Super Kings stand-in captain Suresh Raina was a disappointed man as he faced upto the media after a disappointing and a very heartbreaking loss in the Super Over on Sunday at their home ground.

Excerpts:

On the match

First of all I would like to say it was a very good game of cricket. When [the game] ends in a Super Over, it is always a close game. I think [KXIP] batted really well. But I would say we didn't bat well when it came to crunch situations. Justin Kemp got injured at a bad time … Mahela [Jayawardene] batted really well ... Yuvraj [Singh] played specially [well] You know they are the best side when it comes to finishing the game. We bowled really well, fielded really well. So I think I would say it was a very good game of cricket.


On why he chose Murali to bowl in the Super Over

I think he took three wickets in [the regular game] That's why I chose him. The ball was turning and it was not easy to hit spin bowling. So I was pretty confident with Muralidaran.


On the Super Over

[Matthew] Hayden and Albie [Morkel] were batting. I was thinking if we get close to 15-20 runs, it may make the difference. But we got only 10 runs. That's why I think [we lost the game] And we lost two wickets before the over ended. So I think [KXIP] did really well.


On Kemp's injury

I think he has a back spasm. He will be back for the next game, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment