List Your Business

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Good teamwork fetched us results: Raina

New Delhi: Chennai Super Kings stand-in skipper Suresh Raina was over the moon after his maiden outing at the helm fetched good returns.

Here's more from his interaction with the media.

Excerpts:

On the win against CSK

First of all, I thank God, I think he has been really kind to me. We played a good game. If you look at our performances, then Haydos [Matthew Hayden] and Murali [Muttiah Muralidaran] did well. In the end it was good teamwork. As a captain, I was happy that all players did well for us. We will try in the next match to play as well as this.

On the Mongoose bat and Hayden

I think Hayden tried it well at practice, both here and in Chennai. Yesterday he practiced with it for two hours in the nets. He has a different thinking towards the game. Even I batted with that bat at nets, but I didn’t click with it. Then I thought I should bat with my normal bat. But Haydos had a different idea and he got success with it as well.

On why he did not use it

I used it for two hours, but I didn’t feel too well with it and I thought, okay fine, let’s return to my normal bat.

On the specialty of the bat

I think you should ask Hayden, he will be able to tell you better about it.

On Dhoni’s reaction

I haven’t spoken [to him but] I am sure he must be happy … Each and every player is looking forward to the next game

On the positives

I think when Hayden gets going, he bats really well. The way he dominated [Tillakaratne] Dilshan, [Amit] Mishra, [Dirk] Nannes, those were positives for us.

On Jogindar Sharma

Joginder bowls with a lot of variation and on slow tracks you need someone like him. He has bowled really well in first-class crcket. Even after injury he has worked hard on his fitness. I was only thinking about the positives and the state of the game. In the next game at Chennai we will use a different strategy.

On CSK’s bowling strategy

When you are bowling and have [Virender] Sehwag in front of you, there is nothing much that can be done. He is one of the best in world cricket. The way he dominated the bowling, I thought I could try something different against him. I had both Murali and Ashwin, and I knew spin bowling is my strength on that pitch. Medium-pace bowling will not be that useful especially in the Powerplay overs. In Twenty20 cricket you have to keep making quick changes to achieve success.

No comments:

Post a Comment