List Your Business

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Best I’ve ever seen: Warne

Best I’ve ever seen: Warne


Excerpts from a media interaction with Shane Warne, Yusuf Pathan and Sachin Tendulkar.

Shane Warne (Rajasthan Royals skipper)

On Malinga’s last over

Malinga is such a good bowler at the end of the innings; I don’t think we got more than eight in the last over.

On what cost the Royals the game

We didn’t really get off to a good start, [Swapnil] Asnodkar got out straight away, three run-outs in the innings, a couple of dropped catches and then all the wides that we bowled probably cost us the game.

On Yusuf Pathan’s knock

I have seen Sachin Tendulkar and Brian [Lara] murder attacks, but today I think was the best innings I’ve ever seen.

On Royals’ middle order

I thought Abhishek Jhunjhunwala and Paras Dogra played really well. We didn’t start the innings well, that’s where we need to do better.

On Shaun Tait

Tait is probably one of the most exciting bowlers in the world, but unfortunately today he didn’t quite get it right. I am sure he’ll be get better.



Yusuf Pathan (Rajasthan Royals batsmen - scored 100 runs off 37 balls)

On his innings

I was playing well, and it was a really good wicket but I made a mistake, otherwise we would have won the match. If they make such good pitches, records are bound to be broken.

On losing the match despite his brilliant knock

Of course we are disappointed, but we are happy that we played good cricket and fought till the very last over. We conceded too many in the last over otherwise we played some really good cricket.

On playing spinners in T20s

In this format spinners are playing a really big role. It’s not easy playing spinners, it’s actually difficult playing against spinners in the shorter format.



Sachin Tendulkar (Mumbai Indians skipper)

On the close encounter

In the T20 format this is always possible, this was one of the tighter games and in this format you are going to get such games.

On Mumbai Indians' batting

I thought we got off to a flyer, and then it was a special partnership between Ambati Rayudu and Saurabh Tiwary.

On Yusuf Pathan’s innings

I knew Yusuf was in good form, all I kept telling my player was never give up. It was a special innings but it took a special effort from Sathish to get rid of Yusuf and that was the turning point.

On Saurabh Tiwary

Saurabh Tiwary is a pretty promising player, and we could see that even during training when he was striking the ball really well.

On Harbhajan Singh’s injury

Harbhajan Singh's injury was unfortunate as we lost a bowler who could bowl four overs well. We had to make up for it by using others, but he should be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment