List Your Business

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

'Very happy with comeback'

Mohali: Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne was pleased with the way his team showed character against Kings XI Punjab and Warne couldn't hide his delight during the post-match media interaction.

On whether he’s happy with the game against KXIP

Yeah considering we played shockingly in two games. Since then, I think, we have showed a lot of character. As the Rajasthan Royals had said - we will fight and we are going to see a contest. Tactically we are a very good side. The bowlers played well in the end like [Shaun] Tait. I think [Siddharth] Trivedi was outstanding in today’s game. I think for us in the first six overs of batting and bowling I think we got a pretty good performance. They played unbelievably I think 78 after 6 and then we got 8 for 75 after that. So full credit to us and I am very, very happy to come back and win the last two games.

On whether the team has missed its injured stars

I think if any team loses Graeme Smith, Dmitri Mascerhanes, Ravindra Jadeja, Amit Singh, Shane Watson [it will be hit] - you know these are your top players and it is hard. But we have got guys like Michael Lumb - he is doing extremely well. Adam Voges - he has played two super knocks. So sometimes when the experienced guys are not there, you give other guys the opportunity and they played beautifully. [Faiz] Fazal tonight, last game it was [Abhishek] Jhunjhunnwala. So everyone can’t be a superstar - a big name.

On the disappointing aspects of the game

My bowling, I went for 20 runs in my first over. But Siddharth Trivedi bowled a few tight overs and got us back.


Also speaking at the press conference was Rajasthan Royals fast bowler, Shaun Tait.

On whether he has recovered completely from injury

Yeah, I am good. The last game I played was a bit disappointing but I kept it right tonight which is good for myself. But I think I can make myself bowl better at the start and finish off well, so it is good yeah.

On the team’s road ahead

We’ve got two games in Ahmedabad and [I] hope the conditions [are] suitable. We had games today, Friday and Sunday, so it’s pretty hard. Three games in five days is tough. That win tonight was good. A couple of wins show that you are not far away - we are not even halfway through [the competition]. [We now need to] get into the top four.

No comments:

Post a Comment